By Kathryn Harvey & Meredith Bissu
Top Five Moments of The Governors Ball Music Festival – Day 1 In Order of Epicness:
1. 40-person “Happy Birthday” sing-along to the lovely Kathryn Harvey at the Big Apple Stage.
Happy Birthday Kathryn @ The Governors Ball
2. Impromptu (and illegal) Bluegrass and Moonshine pre-party before Outkast!
3. Taking a trip back to high school with every track from the Aquemini album and realizing that everyone around us was actually still in high school.
4. Bastille covering TLC’s “No Scrubs” – flashback to 1999 SPRING BREAAAAAK!
5. Phoenix’s two-part opus “Love Like a Sunset” while watching the real-life sunset (#meta).
Alt: Almost posting an Instagram photo with the caption “De Blasio’s Ball” – our Governor is actually Cuomo.